Below is an outline of Bermuda's Computer Misuse Act of1996. If you’re a member, then you can log into our Digital Library and view it in your browser using the email address you signed up with. PS. Only members can successfully log in.
- Click HERE to log into the library (Members only).
- Folder: Caribbean > Cyber Crime Laws
If you are having issues logging in, please check the following help guide, HERE.
1. Short Title
3. Unauthorised access to computer material
4. Unauthorised access with intent to commit further offence
5. Unauthorised modification of computer material
6. Meaning of “securing access”, “modification” and “unauthorized”
- 6A. Causing computer to cease to function
7. Significant link with Bermuda
8. Territorial scope of inchoate offences
9. Proceedings for offence under section 3
10. Conviction of section 3 offence as alternative to section 4 or 5
11. Police powers
- Log into the library to access (Members only), click HERE.
- Apply for membership (free) at caribbeancspa.org/apply, if you have a photo ID from the Caribbean.
- View our list of Members at caribbeancspa.org/members.
This article was contributed by Jason Jacobs from Guyana. Jason is a member of the Caribbean CSPA.